Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

What's the point? There isn't one. That is it. Yeah, take that.

Okay, so being that I don't have a full time job right now, and I'm out of school.. I decided I needed something to do with my time when I'm not working on music, writing ,or art. I wanted something simple that would both fill my time and amuse me. That...and I have a lot of funny or 'wtf' cell phone pictures that I feel the need to share with the public. Why? Dude, I don't know. I'm going to elect the catch-all answer of : Cuz I feel like it. Some people will likely (and ironically) 'wtf?' in response, others will be amused (like myself), and others just won't give a shit. To all those people, whatever the reaction, you still read my shit, so woo-farkin-hoo. Or...something? Hell, I don't know. Anyway, on to the fun. Yeah.

So... anyone that knows me, knows that I have a lot of random, wtf moments that occur in my life. It's funny to use 'wtf' as a descriptor, but really, it just works sometimes. I've been in the habit of taking pictures of the random things that make me do a doubletake. This brings us here.

So one day on the way to school, we decide to stop off in a drive-thru for something to drink. Mc Donald's was the closest to the highway, so I was like, okay ,this works. I pull into the drive-thru, and I noticed a pile of rubble where the menu used to be (I've been to this location previously, so I knew it had been there at one time). Pull up a little further... and I see this.. The menu speaker, on a pole, with cardboard around it. You can't really make it out in the picture, but the words "ORDER HERE" are written in (with a Bic type pen) blue. Seriously... that was totally Double-Ewe-Tee-Eff. I mean okay... so someone probably got into an accident and rammed the menu board, leaving it in the pile of rubble I saw when I pulled in. But c'mon...they couldn't even use a Sharpie? And maybe at least a decent piece of cardboard? Standards people! Jesus. Heh, really... I was kinda glad to see that because I looked forward to sending it to my best friend, Sarah. We have a habit of trading WTF pictures, as both of us have frequent WTF moments. Anyway, moving on...

A couple of weeks ago, I was walking through a grocery store, and took a stroll down the alcohol isle. My mom and I were buying spirits for my brother's graduation party and trying to decide what to get. I was scanning over the lower level vodka options and came across the brand "Sobieski" (which made me think of Leelee Sobieski), and saw this on the label. Now, for those of you that aren't familiar with alcohol quality levels and its relation to the distilling process, the more you distill it, the higher the purification of the alcohol. So yeah... the more distillation, the better the vodka. But this brand has the logo "Distilled Enough!" ... I didn't know how to take that, really. I mean its like they accept that their vodka may not be the best quality, but they're okay with that. It doesn't have to be. It's distilled...enough. It's like.. the common joe vodka. It says, "Hey, I'm not perfect, but I'm enough. I might not be the BEST vodka, but hey, I'm cool with that. And you should be to. So... drink me and have a moderately enjoyable experience. " Dude... not to pull out the blog name again but, WTF? Did they seriously think this was a good marketing ploy? Offering a mediocre product and not even pretending its any good? I have to say, the companies lack of confidence in their product disappoints me, even if it does suck. And why would I want to spend $10.99 on a bottle of crappy liquor that already has told me that it doesn't taste good? Maybe some people might be curious, but I'll tell you what, curiosity sometimes bring heartburn and upset stomachs. (And yeah, I know that from experience, because I tried it once. But in my defense, it didn't have that slogan on it at the time.)

For my third installment of this introductory entry, I'm bringing a things a bit closer to home. The other day, I was doing something in the kitchen, and I hear my mother comming up the walk. Then I hear her talking to my brother, and I hear them say something about an egg. I was like o_O huh? And egg? Outside? So.. curious, I went out to see what they were talking about. My mom asks me if I've seen the egg on the lawn. And I'm like.. "What egg?" -blinkblink- And I look, and not far from the toe of her shoe, is an egg. We've speculated that it's a chicken egg, but... there are no chickens in our area of town. In fact, it's not even legal to own a chicken in this area because of city zoning laws. I'm not sure what else it could be from, but I'm not sure I want to know. But, of course, I snapped a picture and sent it away via text message to a few people. I'm still baffled as to how it got there and how it's gone undamaged. We left it sitting there, purely out of curiosity to see what might happen to it. My mother suggested that it was a giant frog, seeing as we've had a recent infestation of little tiny frogs all over our yard (I'm talking hundreds of them. It's kind of gross. You have to be careful where you step of ~SQUISH!~ Yeah. Ew.) Anyway, I don't know what it is, and I have no idea where it came from, but we'll see what happens. Either it'll rot and we'll have some stank for a few days, or something is going to hatch from it. I'm guessing the former rather than the later, but -shrug- we'll see. Still... wtf? Random eggs in my yard, hundreds of frogs... yeah.

Hm... I guess that's all for now, really. Rest assured, there will be plenty of other entries with lots of other material. Just when I think my life is sedate and dull, something weird happens. I could spend hours telling someone about weird shit that's happend in my life. However, instead, I'm going to share those in blog posts. If someone's reading and especially of they're amused, thanks for stopping by.

I'm gonna go check on the egg.... >_>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Double-Ewe-Tee-Eff. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates